Sunday 1 March 2015

3 - Recursion, Nested Lists, and Tracing, Oh My!

Last week, we learned about this new method of solving programming problems called recursion. I am still not too keen on it because it sounds so confusing. Defining a function in terms of said function? I can't seem to wrap my head around it no matter how many turtle fractal drawings I see.

I understand the general form of it and how to trace it but I would definitely like to understand recursion and how it works in order for me to do well in not only the 148 exams but also in future programs I might need to write.

This week, we had our first term test for the class. It was only three questions but they were worth a lot of points and there was a lot of points you could lose for many simple things like indentation or not writing the correct __init__ method and of the sort. I am very grateful for the loose-leaf "cheat sheet" we were allowed to write because it definitely helped me write my classes and methods during the exam. Overall, I thought the exam was fair and manageable.

No comments:

Post a Comment