Sunday 1 March 2015

2 - Starting It Off: Computer Science Week 4

CSC148 is definitely much more challenging than CSC108, the programming course I took last semester. While I understand how classes and subclasses work, I would have never imagined that I would be making my own game in an assignment using simple implementations like this. It's amazing to think that basic concepts you learn in class can help you figure out more complicated things and even get to a point where you are writing code to literally tell a computer to play a game with you! Imagine that!

The first week of class was just revision of what we learned in CSC108, which wasn't too hard to understand. It was during the explanation of the different special functions in which I got confused. I did not understand what the point of __repr__ was. It was until my partners and I began to implement it into our code for the first assignment did we realize why we needed it. It's definitely nice to have a good representation of what our classes can do.

I have definitely enjoyed going to CSC148 so far. At the begining of the semester I was dreading going to class due to the fact that I'm in the night section in the two hour block. I learned from my mistakes last year; doing three hours of comp sci at night could kill any student and I have no idea why they would even offer it in the first place. But Danny Heap definitely makes the two hours extremely fun and engaging; I always look forward to what other interesting class examples we'll get up to.

I am definitely looking forward to how the rest of the course will go.

No comments:

Post a Comment